With the ongoing Farsang (the carnival season in Hungary), the upcoming Valentine's Day, two great gastro events, and a brand new beer festival there is a lot to look forward to during this special leap month.
Here are some top things to do in Budapest in February 2016.
- Busójárás in Mohács, February 4-9, in the city of Mohács
- Shakespeare Ball - a Renaissance-themed opera ball, February 6
- Fat Thursday, February 11
- Mangalica Festival, February 12-14
- Budapest Fish Festival, February 12-14
- Indoor Beer Festival, February 19-21
Also, if you are looking for some restaurant recommendations for Valentine's Day, be sure to check our Romantic Restaurants in Budapest post.