Looking for a nice wedding place

Posted: 15 Oct, 2010 12:02 AM  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  2

Hi
I’m foreigner and living in Budapest since a few months. I will get married next year, here in Budapest. I’m looking for a nice place to have a wonderful week end. Actually, as a lot of my relative will come from abroad, I would need a place which can offer as well place to sleep. It doesn’t have to be in the center, it can be a little outside of Budapest, but still not too far neither.
Köszönöm szépan smile

Posted: 15 Oct, 2010 03:00 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93

Welcome to the forums Alex!

Renting a Danube cruise ship is a popular option for weddings in Budapest. Some of my Hungarian friends held their reception and wedding at a chateau/castle hotel. These are a bit further away from Budapest, but can provide a very romantic setting and offer accommodation as well.

Can you let me know approximately how many people will be attending your wedding and I will try to give you some more ideas.

Signature 

Posted: 15 Oct, 2010 12:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Picture of
Rank

Hey thanks you very much
For the boat, I knew this option but I would prefer something else in the hills or something like this. We should invite around 150 people for next summer.
tks

Posted: 15 Oct, 2010 10:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93

Hi Alex, here are some additional thoughts:
The 4 star Petnehazy Club Hotel, located in the Buda Hills hosts weddings and receptions. There are many locations both in and around Budapest and a good source of wedding locations is eskuvohelyszin.hu. Although the site is in Hungarian each location has photos and a direct link to the venue, as well as the number of people they can accommodate. One of the closest castle-hotels hosting weddings with available accommodation is the Castle Hotel in Fenyoharaszt located about 50kms from Budapest.
Hopefully these will give you a starting point, however a wedding is a very special and personal event and I would recommend working with a local wedding planner. I hope this helps… and good luck with the preparations!

Let me know if you had any other questions,

Signature 

Posted: 17 Oct, 2010 06:44 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Picture of
Rank

Thanks, I will have a look at these web sites definitely
cheers

Posted: 25 Oct, 2010 07:09 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  1

Hi Alex,
In 1993 I had my destination wedding in Budapest.  Friends from The U.S., Australia, Africa and continental Europe all came for the wedding weekend.  As a PR exec., I had (have) experience w/ venues in Budapest.  Not only was it a wedding but I had to plan events for the guests while they were here. We were married in St. Matthias & had our reception at Gundel.  When people come from all corners of the globe, they (and you too) deserve all the beauty (classic tradition) of quintessential Hungary.  If you have any questions, I’d be happy to share my wedding photographer (he is actually a fashion photographer so the pics. came out great and not ‘staged’ like American wedding photos) and any other suggestions.  Good luck and have fun.

Posted: 24 Jan, 2013 01:35 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Picture of
Rank

Hi Sylvike, I saw that you had your wedding at St matyas. I am an American that would also like to have my wedding there but my fiance only speaks English. And I am told that our ceremony would require an English speaking priest. I would like to book the church for 2014. Any info you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Viktoria

Posted: 4 Feb, 2016 02:18 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  1

Hi there,
I would like to see few pictures of the weeding. Can you send me few.I would like to have a glance over the place and facilities.
Thank you.

Login or Register to participate in the Budapest travel forums.

Atom Feed
RSS 2.0