taxi

Posted: 26 Sep, 2010 03:57 AM  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  2

Is it safe to take a taxi from the airport to the city center? How long is the ride, any recommended companies?

Posted: 26 Sep, 2010 07:45 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93

Welcome to the forums, Jen!

Zóna taxi is the officially appointed taxi company to service the airport. They offer flat rates based on zones in the city.

Phone: (+36-1) 365-5555

The city center is about 30 minutes from the Airport. You may find more info on companies and getting to the city from the airport under Budapest Airport Transfer.

Let me know if you had any other questions,

Signature 

Posted: 12 Mar, 2014 06:26 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  1

Hi Roberta,

My Danube River Cruise will end at Budapest on July 20, 2014 and I would like to book a taxi to the airport from the pier where the cruise boat MS Amadeus Royal will be docked.  Right now I have no idea where the pier is. As my flight is at 6 am to London, England, I need to book a taxi in advance to make sure that I will not miss my flight to London, England.

A lot of times Fotaxi is mentioned as the official airport taxi,how come is Zóna taxi is also the officially appointed taxi company to service the airport. Most information given on taxis does not have a website for making a reservation in English.  As I do not understand Hungarian, please let me know how I can make a booking for a taxi to the airport in advance. Please advise how I can book a reliable taxi in English.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Justanowl

Posted: 15 Mar, 2014 09:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93

Welcome to the forums, Justanowl!

For the past few years, the officially appointed taxi company serving the airport has been Fotaxi. (Previously it was Zóna taxi.) You may book your ride with Fotaxi online at fotaxi.hu (choose the ‘Taxi Booking Online’ menu) or via e-mail at rendel@fotaxi.hu. Also, it’s good to know that as of September 1st 2013, licensed taxicabs in Budapest are yellow. According to a new taxi regulation all taxi drivers must adhere to a new fare structure and charge the same price. A ride to/from the city center should typically cost around HUF 6,500 HUF / EUR 22 depending on traffic conditions.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your trip to Budapest!

Signature 

Posted: 27 Nov, 2014 11:48 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  4

First off, hello to everyone here smile it is a pleasure to meet you

and I am new on this forum and anyone can tell me taxi hire services number

Posted: 28 Nov, 2014 01:43 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  4

Taxi card is a new idea to provide subsidise transport for people who have serious mobility impairment and difficulty in using public transport. Taxi card holders make journeys in licensed London taxis and private hires vehicles, and the subsidy applies directly to each trip.

Login or Register to participate in the Budapest travel forums.

Atom Feed
RSS 2.0