Where to stay?

Posted: 9 Jun, 2010 07:40 AM  
Picture of
Rank
Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I have another question… I’m looking to stay as close to main attractions as possible. What would be the best hotel to stay at? I’m not familiar with Budapest at all.
Thanks

Posted: 9 Jun, 2010 08:12 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93

I suggest staying in the City Center in Pest. Hotels on the Danube promenade, like Marriott, Intercontinental, Sofitel and Four Seasons are all centrally located. So is Kempinski and the Meridien. Smaller hotels like Astoria and Zara are also a good choice. It really depends on how much you are looking to spend. You can also do a search for City Center Hotels in our Hotel Guide.

Vaci utca, the Central Market Hall, Andrassy Avenue, the Parliament Buildings, Chain Bridge, the Funicular to Castle Hill (and Fishermen’s Bastion) are all close by. If you don’t feel like walking, the subway system is easy to use and very convenient.

You may prefer the quieter Buda side, where one of my favorite hotels is the 4-star Art Otel. Two cheaper (3-star) alternatives in the same area would be Hotel Carlton or Hotel Victoria. The Danube promenade on the Pest side is only a ten-minute walk across Chain Bridge from any of these hotels.

Also, check out this thread in our FAQs: To Stay on the Buda or Pest side???

Please let me know if you have more questions,

Signature 

Login or Register to participate in the Budapest travel forums.

Atom Feed
RSS 2.0