Lecsófröccs Festival is dedicated to a popular Hungarian summer food, lecsó (vegetable stew) and a popular summer drink fröccs (wine spritzer). Restaurants and cafés on and around Mikszáth tér will offer up 30 different variations on lecsó and wineries from all over Hungary will serve 30 different type of wine spritzers.
Places to visit are:
- Cafe Zappa for specialties like lecsó with grilled sausage and lecsó strudel with eggs
- Fiktív Pub for specialties like lecsó with mangalica sausage and French ratatouille
- Darshan Courtyard for specialties like lecsó with peaches and lecsó with beans
- Don Leone for specialties like lecsó with millets
- Nothin' But the Blues Pub for specialties like lecsó with sour cream
Festival hours: Lecsófröccs Festival opens on Friday, Aug 8th at 10 am. There will be a free lecsó tasting at 6pm. The festival will be open until midnight daily.