Get ready, Budapest: October is about art and gastronomy. Grab some delicious food and brews at Oktoberfest Budapest, sample some pálinka at the Pálinka and Sausage Festival, or reserve your table for the annual Restaurant Week. Art and design lovers also have a lot to look forward to this month, from the citywide Budapest Design Week to the annual Budapest Transfer Literary Festival to Art Market Budapest.
Here are some exciting Budapest events to choose from in October 2015.
- Budapest Design Week, on until October 4
- World Press Photo Exhibit 2015, on until October 25th
- Oktoberfest Budapest, October 1-4
- Café Budapest Contemporary Arts Festival, October 2-18
- Budapest Pálinka and Sausage Festival, October 2-4
- Wamp’s October edition comes with a focus on interior design, October 4
- Art Market Budapest, October 8-11
- Chimney Cake Festival, October 9-11
- Spar Budapest International Marathon, October 11
- Budapest Restaurant Week, October 12-18
- Budapest Transfer International Festival, October 15-18
Also, October 23rd is a national holiday, commemorating the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. There are several programs held throughout the city, including a traditional candle lighting ceremony in front of the House of Terror Museum and the "Open Day" at the Parliament.