As the weather gets colder, November brings the arrival of the magical holiday season. Many of the city's iconic holiday attractions open this month, from the Budapest Christmas Market and the Christmas Fair by the Basilica to the ice skating rink in City Park. In addition, November is the month when the season's first new wines are opened, an event celebrated at the annual New Wine and Cheese Festival.
Here are some more picks of all the great things to do in Budapest in November 2015.
- Budapest Christmas Market, November 13 - January 6
- Tennis Classics Budapest, November 24
- Flavors of Hungary Gastro Fair - Christmas Edition, November 27 - December 23
- Christmas Fair by the Basilica, November 27 - January 2
- Christmas Market at Four Seasons Gresham Palace, November 27 - December 25
- New Wine and Cheese Festival, November 28-29
Also, be sure to try a traditional goose dish on or around St. Martin's Day, Nov 11, a day celebrated by tasting the new wine and eating geese.